Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tim Holtz: 12 Tags of 2013: November

This month, we were challenged to copy Tim's unique 'chalkboard' technique for our tag. It was a lot of fun playing around and trying to get the same effect. This was Tim's tag, our inspiration:


I didn't have a black tag, so I cut one from cardstock. I also didn't have timestamps or chalk so I tried to recreate the effect using my picket fence distress marker and some black distress embossing powder. In the end I found that it wasn't 'chalky' enough so I went over some of the leaves with clear tinsel glitter. Overall I like it, but I definitely want some new Tim Holtz stuff for Christmas!!





Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving! Last thing I'll share is some fun stamping I did on cork pieces while I was experimenting with my tag. Until next time, keep scrapping friends!! ~VV



No comments:

Post a Comment