Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge: Chevrons!


So today I am here to share with you my very first 'official' DT work as part of the Frosted Designs team! I am so excited that our first Fabulous Friday challenge was Chevrons..I absolutley LOVE chevrons! My iphone cover is even chevron!! LOL! Well anyway, the challenge was to use chevrons in any way, shape or form on your layout, card, or other project. This time I chose to actually do a 2 page layout- which isn't what I normally do but I was so inspired by some photos of my parents out on the Boston Whaler last Memorial Day that I knew I had to include them all! Please come check out all the inspiration over at Frosted Designs...all the ladies are so talented!!! Join in on the challenge today and be eligible to win the fabulous prize from our sponsor, "Leave a Paper Trail"! Here are a few shots of my project:



And a few close ups, my favorite part! The clusters of stuff, and different textures all together!


 I combined paper from American Crafts, Pebbles, and the Tim Holtz Lost & Found paper stash.
 The tile letters are Tim Holtz, along with the number stickers, memo pens, vial labels, and other paper scraps, some that I cut out and heat embossed others that I distressed and inked in vintage photo.

The 'hotel' paper from the TH paper stash was my starting point... I thought it was really cool and didn't want to cover to much of it up, so I decided to do 2 different chevrons on either side then ground my photos on solid cardstock in kraft and a darker brown color. 



 

  
Another fun thing I did on this layout was make these rosettes with script-printed tissue paper using some 'glubers' those things are so awesome! It was the first time taking them out of the package, basically they are a huge glue dot that you can make your own flower on. Then I spritzed them with Smooch in Cherry Ice and Tea Party, then over top of that some TH distress stickles in dried apricot. I heated them a tiny bit to dry then stuck them in place!

That's all for today friends! Thank you for stopping by, and if you aren't already a follower, I'd love it if you'd follow me on Google+ or facebook at www.facebook.com/vvcrafts. Until next time, Peace Y'all~ VV


Supplies Used (partial list):
Tim Holtz Lost&Found paper stash-hotel paper
Tim Holtz element stickers, memo pens, tile letters, vial labels
Tim Holtz distress stickles - dried apricot
American Crafts- red and navy chevron papers
kraft and dark brown cardstock-Bazzil
wooden title- recollections
small flowers- recollections
script tissue paper- my stash
large red flowers- Prima Marketing
small manila tags- The Paper Studio
Glubers large glue dots
vintage buttons and raffia ribbon- my stash
Tim Holtz distress ink barn door and vintage photo
Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in Cherry Ice and Tea Party
Top Boss embossing ink, StazOn Jet Black Ink
UTEE and glossy accents
blue gems and pearls-my stash
Brown Zig Writer







3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie Marie, Enjoyed reading about you today and I look forward to getting to know you a little better! Are you near Panama Bch? I go there once a year for vacation! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Welcome to FD!! I totally love chevrons, too! I have been drooling over a phone cover like yours... I might just have to go ahead and get it! Love your layout and all the fun layering of embellies! Very pretty!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on FD! Beautiful page! I am from Mobile. I love seeing what other people create with our beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete