Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Frosted Designs: BE BOLD Challenge!

So as a brand new member of the FD Design Team, I thought I would go ahead and play along with the challenge this month just for fun, to get my mojo going on DT projects in the next few weeks. I have been feeling like crap since I got back from California on Saturday night, but after a Dr visit today, some antibiotics and meds, I am starting to feel slightly better. Good thing because I have deadlines! I really needed an extra day to recoup so I called in sick today....for the first time in like a year!!! It was really difficult for me to do, seeing as how I know how much work I'll have piled up when I get back, just woke up with a hacking cough and headache and well I broke down and called in. So today after the Dr and picking up prescriptions, I had a chance to take a photo of an LO I did before I left for Cali to share it with you. The challenge this time was to "use bold colors and patterns on any project or layout". I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that all the challenges FD does asks you to use materials you already have, then gives you a jumping off point! I knew I had some vintage Basic Grey papers hiding deep in my stash that I have been saving for specific photos...although at the time I wasn't sure what. I dug them out, and then found these photos from last summer at the Hangout Music Fest and I was instantly inspired! Here is how it turned out:



 I used my Cricut to cut out a few embellishments, the 'hang ten' hands and the surfboard are from the Life's A Beach cartridge. I also used my black/white camera and black filmstrip washi tape. The letters are Thickers and all 3 papers are from the Basic Grey Ambrosia line.







And a few more snaps that I shared on instagram to all my followers today:



Ok, well it's short and sweet for tonite! I have to get back in the scrap room and finish up the next challenge for FD which will be shared on the blog very soon, stay tuned for some wonderful inspiration from our team. I have linked all their blogs on my sidebar, check them out! Until next time, Peace Y'all~ VV

Supplies Used:
Basic Grey vintage- 'Ambrosia' collection
cream and grey cardstock
Tim Holtz distress ink- barn door, antique linen and black soot
Tim Holtz distress embossing powder black soot
Tim Holtz vial labels
Tim Holtz paper distressing tool
Thickers- alphas
Top Boss embossing ink
Ultra thick embossing enamel UTEE
swirl stamp- recollections
camera and film strip washi tape- recollections
flowers- Prima
Cricut Life's A Beach cartridge
dew drops by The Robins' Nest
sentiment sticker- my stash


No comments:

Post a Comment