Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

dreaming of BEACH BLISS......

Hi everyone! Hope your week has had a great start! I am off work today, trying to tackle my massive to-do list which includes my least favorite thing: laundry. Hopefully though a little Starbucks this afternoon and some Pandora will help with motivation:) I had a take a quick break and share with you a layout I did a few nights ago, surprisingly a non-DT layout so I was happy about that...also just trying to get the mojo going so I can start some new Etsy projects for the shop. Hope this is some fresh inspiration for you today!

I scraplifted a layout that I found in a recent issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.

Here are a few close ups:

I actually started the background by spraying some Glimmer Mist and Smooch Spritz in 'river mossy' and sunshine yellow, also lightly stamping with a large chevron background stamp. After that I distressed a few strips of leftover wooden plank paper across both pages to tie them together. Then I started adding my elements. I knew I wanted to use one of my very favorite paper lines, Out of Print by Basic Grey. I fussy cut the large doodle flowers from the paper and layered them with pop dot and topped off the center with a pearl sticker.



For the banner under the large photo, I used some blanket tickets from Purple Pumpkin that I stamped and misted, then cut out my own banner shapes from another scrap of BG paper- Lime Rickey and  canvas, which I also misted and distressed. I stapled them over the tickets and twine for a messy kind of look. I really like how it turned out and I will definately try this technique again!!

 Page 2 is full of instagram prints, which I LOVE on my layouts cause they are the perfect size!! Also stickers, thickers for the title, and some pretty flowers along with my fussy cut flowers.


I was excited to use my 'let's ride in tandem' bicycle stamp for the first time! It's so cute!!! Also got to use some of the wooden veneer boys and girls from the awesome giveaway I just won...so exciting! Can't wait to play with some more of those goodies again tonite!





And that's about it! Here's a look at my craft space in mid-mojo, I always enjoy sharing what I'm working on  instagram! 

And last but not least, when I went to take some layout photos by the patio door for natural light, of course my kitty had to be in the way. She loves window watching ;)


well, until next time friends, enjoy your mid-week inspiration! 
Peace Y'all~ VV




No comments:

Post a Comment