Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tim Holtz:12 Tags of 2013: February

Hi blogland! I'm up late tonite to share the tag I just made for Tim's 12 tags of 2013 challenge. I feel like it's been months since I've updated..but in reality it has only been a month. Finally Mardi Gras craziness and 55 hour work weeks are over...I can get into a more regular routine again and get back to scrapping!! I am so excited about joining the Frosted Designs team as my first international DT! I have the chance to inspire scrappers from around the world and hopefully get some more followers here on this tiny blog of mine! Also I'm still in process of getting items ready to list on my Etsy shop and get that up and running very soon...so lots of stuff here in the works at Vintage Vixen Crafts. If you don't already follow my blog, please do, and I'll follow yours...also I have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/vvcrafts . 
Here is Tim's gorgeous tag which was our inspiration:



I have tried to challenge myself to use only materials I already have to make these tags...however I did splurge this morning on a few little TH goodies since I had a coupon at Michaels for 25% off. They didn't have the new blueprint stamps- any of them, esp the Queen one that I wanted, but I got some new distress ink, vial labels, mini word stickers, cork pieces, and Ranger's large manila tags which are the ones Tim uses. I have been using a smaller size and I really like the bigger ones! You can fit so much stuff on there!! 

I also had plans on taking photos as I worked on it layer by layer...but my creative mojo was in full swing and I finished this baby in like 30 mins!! HA! I guess that's what happens when you don't scrap in almost 2 months! So this is the first pic I took, and I will have to just explain the rest:


So I started with a large manila tag, I covered it in distress ink in 'barn door' then went back in with another red inker I had from Clearsnap. After that I sprayed it with some very watered down smooch spritz in silver foil then heat set it to dry. Next I distressed the edges and went back with distress ink in 'black soot' and more 'barn door', this is how it looked in that step.


 Here is an overview of the tag after I added all the elements. I used some a scrap of script paper, white cardstock that I stamped my 'be mine' stamp on then colored with distress marker in antique linen then sprayed with water and heat set to dry. Also I pop dotted up a mini tag that has a heart locket that I UTEE and added a red bling too. For more layers and texture underneath, I used a script stamp from Hampton Art in embossing ink then distress embossing powder in black soot. The other elements are a sticker from TH paper stash, a vial label and min words, a TH fragment that I made a while back, some postmark washi tape, and red and white twine.
 Here are some more photos that I just shared on instagram!!! Enjoy!!






Well that is all for tonite.. I'm gonna hit the hay now and try to make myself sleep since I probably could scrap all night now! Back to the grind tomorrow for 2 days then it's off to Santa Cruz. CA for our annual manager's meeting, nice to get out of the store for a while, then I'll have a real weekend when I get back, Sunday and Monday- so hopefully more creative stuff to share! Goodnight Y'all - sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite! :D ~ VV


Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz distress ink- barn door, black soot
Tim Holtz distress embossing powder- black soot
Tim Holtz distress markers- antique linen
Tim Holtz tissue tape
sticker from TH crowded attic set
Tim Holtz vial label
Tim Holtz mini words stickers
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel-UTEE
large manila tag- Ranger
script stamp- 7 Gypsies by Hampton Art
'be mine' stamp by Studio G
red and white twine- Queen & Co
postmark washi tape- Recollections
my stash- scrap of script paper, mini tag, red bling






No comments:

Post a Comment