Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Pieces of Portland {Authentique Enchanted Collection}


Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. I wanted to just say that I had a FABULOUS time at Convention last weekend with all our customers and my special design team ladies! There were lots of laughs, plenty of snacks, and tons of inspiration! It was truly a great weekend, so thank you!
Ok, so I am sharing up with you today a layout I did using some of the new  Authentique 'Enchanted' collection papers, perfect for fall/Halloween/harvest. Even though these lean more towards Halloween, I was able to make them work for my fall pictures by grounding them with a dark brown cardstock background page. I had alot of fun using Sam's distressing tool on this layout, and I will be buying one very, very soon! Here are some pics:



I really liked both sides of all the papers I got from this collection, so I actually used both sides of all the papers by cutting them into different sized rectangles and piecing them together on my page. Of course before I glued them down I distressed and inked all of them. Also for each one of the rectangles, I did a different technique. I misted one with Smooch, I stamped one, I heat embossed/UTEE'd another one just to add more texture.

 Here are a few close ups, first up is my favorite, the BANNER! I have become obsessed with making these for my pages these days, don't know why! Could it be cause they are so stinkin' cute and easy to make?!! Also I added some mini pearls for a girly touch.

Next up is another new obsession on my pages... WASHI TAPE! It is so versatile, and it always adds just that bit of layering that you need. We have tons of different washi's available at the store now if you weren't able to get your hands on some this past weekend...come check them out! On this page I used 2 pieces near my stamped image.




And last is another view of the whole layout. I had so much fun making this one, if you like the papers I used be sure to check out the 'Enchnated' Collection by Authentique today at Scrapping Frenzy, it would be the perfect way to kick off your Halloween or fall project plans!


Until next time, enjoy your weekend! I hope you get a chance to scrap a bit this weekend and enjoy some laughs too!
Scrapping Frenzy Supplies Used: Authentique "Enchanted" collection- 'haunted' and 'glowing'. Echo Park- 'Note to Self' 6x6 paper pad. Dark brown, Kraft and cream colored cardstock. Colorbox chalk inks- chestnut, pumpkin spice, and black. Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap 'Pralines n' Cream'. Dylusions Ink Spray by Ranger 'melted chocolate'. Tim Holtz memo pens and Tim Holtz distress ink in 'tea dye'. buttons, washi tape, ribbon, raffia ribbon, and brown paper bag. Brown Zig writer, Glue dots, Sticky Thumb pop dots, watermark embossing ink.
Other supplies: 'UTEE' Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, mini stick on pearls, flowers, Purple Pumpkin fabric buttons and crochet doily, fiber scrap from my stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment