Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

hello bungalow!

Hello friends! I'm here today to share with you a layout that I did for my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy. I used some new papers from the 'Prep School' line by Authentique.  The photos are instagrams from our arrival at our 'bungalow' for the weekend on the lagoon side of the bay in Gulf Shores during Hangout fest weekend (May of 2012). We were so pumped to get there and kick off the weekend right! We were asked to interpret this sketch which in it's original form is 8.5 x 11". This was the sketch:


I did my layout in a 12x12 format. I used this sketch as a rough idea, putting a square behind my photos instead of a circle, also I put my banners and title oppisite, banners on top and title on the bottom. Also I moved my journaling over to the side of my photos. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out and that I was able to use up the almost the last of my Pink Paislee woodshop letters for my title! Here are a few photos:


 A few closies: I layered my cluster first with a scalloped circle punched out of word paper. Then some raffia ribbon, a few felt circles topped with a button and tied with twine. The Sam Adams bottle cap is an inside joke on these pics of my fiance and his friend Mike. I added a second small button and a few tiny flowers behind the ribbon that I sprayed with the new Dylusions ink spray by Ranger in 'melted chocolate'. Off to the side there is a small shipping tag, more buttons, twine and flowers.



I used a bit of washi tape along with some more flowers and resin embellishments for a smaller cluster near the bottom of my page. And my favorite part of this page...the banner! I put buttons and some gem drops on top of the pennants to add texture. I love making banners I swear besides chevrons, banners are my other favorite trend in scrapbooking right now!




Ok, well that is all for today. I hope I have inspired you to make a banner or use a bottle cap on your next scrapbook page! Thanks for stopping by, I'd really be spoiled if I got a comment or two?! Until next time, Peace Y'all~ VV



 Supplies List:
 brown cardstock,
brown twine, 
wooden buttons,
 Pebbles Let Freedom Ring Collection - James Madison
PinkPaislee Old School Collection - Prep School.
 'washi tape
Tim Holtz distress ink 'vintage photo' and 'tea dye'
Pink Paislee woodshop letters and heart
Martha Stewart crystal clear glitter
Martha Stewart glittering glue
Raffia ribbon
vintage buttons, Sam Adams bottle cap
Prima Marketing flowers
Jolee's boutique resin embellishments
mini shipping tag- Echo Park
mini dew drops by the Robin's Nest
sticky thumb pop dots
mini pearls- Michael's
distressing tool
mini white flowers (inked) by Recollections
Dylusions ink spray by Ranger in 'melted chocolate'




No comments:

Post a Comment