Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

D.I.Y. Wedding CRAFTS :)

Hi everyone out there in crafty blog land! I hope you are having a good week. We have been stuck inside for the past 2 days due to Hurricane Issac. Happy to report that no major damage here in Mobile where I live, just lots of rain, some rising water and lots of wind. Today is the last of it but I must say this sucker has hung around for a while! A very slow-moving storm. Kinda nice though that we didn't lose power at all I have been able to catch up a bit on housework and I plan on baking this afternoon...zuchinni bread and once that's in the oven, back to the craft room to have some fun! I made some of these crafts for my wedding a while ago, but haven't had the chance to share them on here so I though this was the perfect day to play catch up! Be aware- PHOTO HEAVY POST AHEAD!! 

First up is the basket formy flower girl, my niece Zoe. I didn't want the same old type of basket that you can buy in the store, so I took a yard sale find basket that was 50 cents and spruced it up! First I wrapped the handle in satin ribbon in the 'malibu' color, then I made a large bow using some sheer 'apple ribbon' - my 2 wedding colors. On the back of the bow there are a few layers of pool-colored tulle for texture. In the middle of the bow I put a little decorative element that I made using scrapbook paper, a mod-podgeable shape, glossy accents, and metal tape. I cut out the anchor from the scrapbook paper and modpodged it to the back, then edged it with the metal tape. To add to that, I used 2 sheer flowers from Micheal's that already had pearl centers and for shine I added Martha Stewart crystal glitter to the edges. I also glittered very heavily the edges of the basket, which you can't really see in this photo. 



Next up are some little baby-barrettes that I made for Zoe to wear in her hair. I bought plain barrettes from Micheals and just dressed them up. I wrapped them first in the pool-colored tulle. Then using paper flowers from my scrapbooking stash, I made layered flowers. I sprayed them first with Smooch Spritz in cherry ice and also River Mossy. I hot glued them together and added mini pearls to their centers. I love how they turned out and they were so easy to make!
Next is one of the crafts I'm not quite done with, they are 'pew cones' that we are hanging on the end of the aisles and putting baby's breath in. I got the idea from a wedding DIY book Jimmy bought me while we were at Powell's Books in Portland. We used embossed wallpaper, silver metallic spray paint, a hot glue gun, and aluminum foil to finish the edges. Here I have more of the tulle inside the edge of it because I thought it would make them look fuller, but I am not sure I will do them all like this. Guess I won't really know until we get the flowers in there!! All that's left to do on these is add wire hangers to the back. Here are some pics:




And next is one of my favorite things I've done besides the glazed jars, it's a paper banner that says 'THANK YOU' that Jimmy and I will hold up and take a picture with on the day of the wedding, then we'll use that picture to send out our thank you cards! I got the idea from pinterest, but of course I had to put my own spin on it. I used all scrapbooking papers, including cardstock from Bazzil.  Also I made another banner that will decorate our table at the wedding, it says 'MR and MRS H'. Here are some pics:













Okay, so that is all I have to share with you today. I have a few more things up my sleeve for the wedding to complete, maybe if I get some of them done this week I will have another share soon! Please check back if you are interested in tutorials on these crafts as I plan to add a complete supply list and instructions later! Until next time, Peace Ya'll~ VV

Supplies List:
(banners) 
Bazzil premium cardstock in 'pomegranate splash' and 'carribean breeze'
Blue & Ivory Chevron paper- Canvas Corp
Large red dot and small red dot paper- old chrismas paper stack
Bronze Glitter by Martha Stewart crafts
Glittering Glue by Martha Stewart crafts
The Ribbon Boutique 1/8 organza ribbon
Cricut Cartridge- Don Juan
stick-on pearls-Micheals
paper flowers- Prima and Recollections
Pebbles crystal candy dots
Chipboard block mist-resist by Ditto
Ditto mist in turquoise
Tim Holtz distress stain in antique linen
Tim Holtz paper distressing tool


(pew cones)
embossed non-pasted wallpaper
Silver foil spray paint
aluminum foil
light teal colored tulle
hot glue gun and glue sticks
scissors
wire for hanging







No comments:

Post a Comment