Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Girl and Her Coffee... {Graphic 45 LOVE}


Hello friends! Can you believe it's already September? Fall is probably my most favorite season, there are lots of things coming up to be excited about (besides football) ! First is Scrapping Frenzy's annual convention coming up at the end of the month! There are going to be fun classes to take and of course little goodies and inspiration from the Design Team, I hope to see you there!
Okay, well on with my post for today. I did a layout today using some new papers from Graphic 45. At first I thought it might be difficult to pick which ones to use because the patterns on them are so intricate but I mixed some of the same color palettes and threw in another color so my photos would pop off the page. I also used some instagram-sized 3x3 prints that I recently ordered and I love them cause they are perfect for putting more than one picture on a page! They are the perfect size! So here is my layout:
 






So I came up with the idea for this layout because well... I LOVE COFFEE! I have to have at least one cup every single day. Sometimes I think it's really important to scrap the little everyday things in your life, because years from now when you look back it will be fun to remember some of those random moments! Here are a few close ups:
I used some Smooch first to add texture to my background, two different colors- pralines and cream and caramel mocha. On top of thatI started layering my Graphic 45 papers and my leftover Starbucks bag. I also backed all my photos in kraft paper and some teal colored cardstock and placed them on the page in the arrangement I liked. After that, I started building my clusters. I knew I wanted room for a fun title at the top, so made my clusters work around that.

For a fun twist on my clusters I fussy cut some of the little 'girl' from one side of the Graphic 45 papers and decorated her a bit. I colored in her dress in coffee bean brown to make it go with my title. I also added some stickles in gold glitz.

I also added to the bottom a piece of vintage lace, some tulle, a strip of basic grey paper (out of print my fav!!) and some resin embellishements. The little coffee girl was my inspiration for the color palette of the page, I pulled the teal and blue and yellow/gold from her and put it all over the page.
 Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to scrap some of your 'everyday moments'. Until next time my scrappy friends, Peace Y'all~VV

Supplies Used: Graphic 45 "Malt Shop Collection" 'On the boardwalk' (I used both sides) , Graphic 45 "Le Romantique Collection" 'My Beloved' (swirly side of paper), cream, teal, kraft, and chocolate cardstock- Bazzil, cardstock cutouts by Crate paper- blue roses, & sign, circle. Colorbox cat's eye inks in blush, mint, and chestnut, Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap sprays in pralines n' cream and caramel mocha, Queen& Co twine, Stickles in gold glitz, Glossy accents, sticky thumb pop dots, Brown Zig marker, Cricut Cartridge in 'Don Juan'. paper and felt flowers, stick on pearls, tulle, chipboard circle and flourish-Prima, vintage lace, leftover Starbucks bakery bag, felt circle, spotty button and resin elements-Purple Pumpkin crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment