Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Mt.Hood SNOW!

Hi crafty friends! Just sharing a layout I  finished 2 nights ago using some  brand new Authentique winter collection papers that I got at my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy. They are a winter-holiday themed set but I was trying to use them for something non-christmassy, and I think it turned out pretty well. Also I did a 2 page layout which I haven't been doing a lot of lately and I am really happy with how it looks. The soft color palette really let the awesome pictures shine as the 'stars' of my pages! So here are a few peeks. Sorry about  the not-so great pics. I was trying to get some mid-morning in my crafts room window before the sun faded, and the clouds were going in and out. 


 I was given 3 12x12 sheets of paper and half of an elements sticker sheet. I used 2 of the papers as my backgrounds and the other sheet I fussy cut some elements from and combined them with the stickers. To add some more subtle colors I used 2 other pieces of patterned paper from MME's 29th Street Market collection. Here are a few close ups of each page: 
 And some close ups of my clusters, sorry a few of the pics are blurry!

 This one for some reason is upside down! ARGH! stupid iphone. this one sits atop one picture that I layered  under it with a brown paper back, cheesecloth, some tickets from Purple Pumpkin, a resin embellishment, flowers, and vintage buttons. I really like the subtle color combo!
 Overview of 2nd page:
 Overview of page 1:
 Close up of shipping tag, a little blurry :( sorry!


 I really like this shot! It was a good detail one that turned out great with all the textures!

And that is all for today! I hope I inspired you to get scrapping this weekend! I really enjoyed scrapping these photos of my trip this past November to Portland, Oregon with my fiancee. It was one of the only times I've seen real snow on a mountain, since I've grown up in the South. I can't wait till we move there and I will get to have 'real season's all year round!!! I still have so many more from our trip but these were some of my favorite! Have a great day, until next time, PEACE Y'ALL~ VV

Supplies Used:
Authentique papers-'warmth' and solitude'
My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market'
Authentique sticker elements sheet winter collection
manila shipping tag
Tim Holtz paper distressing tool
Tim Holtz distress ink 'antique linen'
Tim Holtz distress stickles 'peeled paint' and 'pine needles'
Ranger stickles 'patina'
Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap 'emerald'
Colorbox fluid chalk inks- mint, ice blue, jade, and grey whale
flowers-Prima Marketing and Recollections roses
vintage buttons, paper bag, cheesecloth  and ribbon from stash
Resin elements by Jolee's boutique
sticky pearls and metal brads by Michael's
tickets by Purple Pumpkin Crafts
Thickers by American Crafts- 'Giggles'







No comments:

Post a Comment