Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

asian.elephant.@rt



Happy Sunday everyone!! I am here today with a quick share of a layout I did using some more lovely Graphic 45 papers and Thickers for my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy . These are some more photos of my trip to Portland, Oregon with my fiance' in Nov. 2011. It is almost a year later and I am still scrapping them! Came home with over 200 pics from that trip! I was inspired by the swirls on the decoration of the elephant statues which were similar to one of the papers. I used another larger strip of more muted colored paisley paper to break up the polka dot background paper. I also backed my photos in dark brown and cream cardstock and inked all of my elements. Here is a look at the whole layout:


  used the orange and white dot paper from Graphic 45, as well as fussy cut some swirls out of the other paper by Graphic 45. To add dimension, I heat embossed the fussy cut swirls with UTEE. Also I layered another piece of dot paper by Graphic 45, some cheesecloth, a piece of shimmery beige cardstock, and a piece of seersucker fabric under my photos. I also cut a large circle out of cream cardstock and added a long strip of paper- scrap of Carta Bella paper from my stash for more color. Then I used flowers, buttons, and a few resin embellishments to make my clusters. Here is another shot:



 For the title, I used 2 different packs of Thickers, which are quickly becoming a fav! Alright well I will leave you with one more photo for today and that’s it! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy this cooler spell we’ve been having!



Oh, and PS if you haven’t already signed up for the wonderful CONVENTION hosted by Scrapping Frenzy going on next week, it’s not too late!!!! It’s going to be a great time! Lots of fun classes and lots of inspiration from the design team of course! Call the store today to reserve your spot or check out our Facebook page to get all the info! It’s going to be alot of fun!!! I am excited to be teaching a class, also hang out time with some really great ladies and of course creative therapy... I need some 'me' time! Until next time friends, Peace Y'all~VV

Supplies: Graphic 45 papers, Carta Bella papers, cream and dark brown cardstock, colorbox chalk ink in brick, pumpkin, butterscotch. Smooch Spritz in tea party and pralines and cream. Sticky thumb pop dots, vintage buttons, resin elements by Jolee's, flowers by Prima, pearls by Michael's, scraps, fabric and cheesecloth from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment