Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Love Grows... 1st SF post for August!


 Hi everyone! I hope you have enjoyed your summer. I can't believe it's almost over!! I don't have any kids going back to school but I am looking forward to cooler temps, football season, and my wedding on Oct. 19th!!! Ready to be a honeymooner for sure! Anyway, I am here today to share a layout I did using some brand new paper that we have at Scrapping Frenzy, it's the Carte Bella line "Beautiful Moments" by Carina Gardner. It's so pretty!! I was actually a little timid cutting into it when first deciding what pieces to use and I am never like that with paper, but this stuff is just so gorgeous!! Here is my layout:
Now for some closeups, first I used a large sheet of burgundy colored cardstock that has been punched with one of the new Lucky 8 punches as a focal point for my page. I cut it in half and since I wasn't too fond of the star pattern I ended up pulling some black tulle through the holes to add texture. Also I sprayed it with Smooch Spritz in silver foil and cherry ice and added some bling.

To go with the bird theme, I added a little chippy birdcage that I glittered and tied some twine to the top. I also used some Queen & Co felt border scraps and sprayed with Smooch in silver foil for texture. I think my favorite thing is the birdcage though!!


So that is all I have for you today! Are you in love with this new paper line or what? It's so versatile for lots of occasions and I love the color scheme too! Until next time, Peace Y'all~VV :D Enjoy your week!

Supplies: Carte Bella "Beautiful Moments" by Carina Gardner border paper and element stickers. burgundy cardstock-Bazzil, Lucky 8 star border punch, Basic Grey 'headline' black flower paper, Want2Scrap bling, Queen & Co felt flower border, red and white twine, Smooch Spritz in 'silver foil' and 'cherry ice'. Colorbox chalk inks cat's eye in black and burnt sienna, decorative pins My Mind's Eye 'miss caroline', Elle's Studio red pennants, Fab Scraps chippy birdcage, Martha Stewart holiday glitter in onyx, Black tulle, vintage buttons, Purple Pumpkin Crafts- black lace flower, black and white fabric button.


No comments:

Post a Comment