Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

hello there...i love you! {SF August Sketch Challenge}

Hi everyone! I am very excited to share a new layout I did recently for my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy. I have to admit, I wasn't a huge fan of the Halloween themed papers at first, thinking how am I going to use these in a non-Halloweenish way? But I really put on my thinking cap with this one, we also were provided with this sketch as our inspiration:


So here is my take on the sketch:
 I did make a butterfly like in the sketch, as my focal point, and there's not much else I didn't do except I added more paper strips to the middle and clusters of flowers instead of hearts and stars. Also I put my 'swirls' in different places too. I have to say, I am really proud of how this turned out! It's an unexpected color combo but it really works and I will definatley think about how I can repurpose my
old Halloween papers in the future!!!

Okay, so since my LO is currently on display at the store I don't have any closies of it for you today...but maybe I can snap a few when I get it back! Overall I am really really happy with this and couldn't be more surprised by this color combo!! I encourage you to think outside the box when digging through your paper stash... I was inspired originally by the orange and black 'eyeball' paper because it reminded me of a pattern on a butterfly's wings, so I turned it sideways and started from there...of course I had to glitter it up a bit and rough up the edges, but it turned out great! My second favorite thing on this LO is the Donna Salazar blank canvas that I misted with Smooch in River Mossy and Silver foil...it totally absorbed the color and was a piece of art just by itself!! Well I hope I have inspired you today to dig through your stash and get scrapping...pay attention to design and pattern, you never know what you can use holiday themed papers for!! Until next time, Peace y'all~VV


Supplies: Halloween Patterned papers by Reminisce, 6x12 sheet Halloween paper, 6x12 bracket die cut black cardstock, a black shipping tag, a square of Donna Salazar Blank Canvas, a strip of striped ribbon and a length of black and white twine by Queen &Co, Basic Grey papers- stripe and black flower strips, Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in River Mossy and Silver Foil. Tim Holtz paper distresser, Colorbox chalk ink cat's eye in iced jade, grey whale, and toffee. Martha Stewart holiday glitter 'tinsel', American Crafts black vinyl embellishments townhouse', Purple Pumpkin resin rose, fabric button, black crochet doily, vintage buttons, Teal paper flower and black roseby Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz distress stickles 'milled lavender',  sticker sentiments-unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment