Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

'Girls of Summer' June SF Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying your day whatever it is that you're doing...I am fortunate to be off work today and home enjoying some chill time with my kitty cat. Jimmy is working but he gets off at 4 and I think we may go see a movie!! I love the movies!! We were going to try and see the fireworks tonite from the Battleship but it's storming pretty badly here and I don't know when it's supposed to clear up. By radar, we are pretty covered with heavy storms for the next few hours...so no outdoor fun  4th of July pooltime for me:( Oh well, may be catching the fireworks on tv tonite!! 

So this is a LO that I did a few weeks back for the June Sketch Challenge over at Scrapping Frenzy. Each of the DT members were given the same paper and supplies to use, and the same sketch, and just 'make it our own'! This is the sketch we were given:

And this is what my LO looks like:


And here are a few closies:

I made the banner by hand using the Basic Grey paper, the shimmery beige cardstock, and the orange cardstock which I cut out by hand and then glued to some baker's twine using Glossy Accents. I inked all the edges of the paper before gluing them in Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot. To make the banner pop even more, I went over a few of the flags with stickles in 'black diamond' and glued a little mini wooden heart to one of the flags. 


I also enjoyed using some of the leftover scraps to make these little mini pennants. Using the shimmery cardstock again and orange cardstock, I cut them by hand and glued them to some memo pens by MME 'Miss Caroline' embellishment kit. 
 For the title, I cut 'GIRLS' out on my cricut using the life's a beach cartridge in white cardstock. Then I colored in the letters with a black marker, leaving some of the white peaking out. Over that I sprayed them with Smooch Spritz in silver foil and then let them dry. The rest of the title I doodled on by hand.

I hope you enjoyed my share today! I have lots more stuff that I've done recently to put up, but I like saving one per post, so I'll be back tomorrow with something new :) Enjoy your 4th of July and be safe! Until next time, Peace y'all~ VV

Scrapping Frenzy Supplies List:
shimmery taupe cardstock
orange cardstock-Bazzil
cloud9design Bloomin' Love paper, 
Basic Grey 'Out of Print' Batik
Want2Scrap black blingys
Queen & Co baker's twine red/white
Tim Holtz distress ink 'black soot'
Glossy Accents
Stickles by Ranger in 'black diamond'
Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in 'silver foil'

Other Supplies:
Miss Caroline Collection-decorative pins by MME
paper flowers by Prima Marketing
Fabric button by Purple Pumpkin crafts
chipboard stickers-unknown
scalloped edge scissors






No comments:

Post a Comment