Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

how 'bout a 'STAYCATION' ???

Good afternoon blogland! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend... I went to a family reunion that my parents were hosting Fri and Sat and today and Mon I am home trying to get some house cleaning done and hopefully wedding stuff done too. I can't believe it's only 110 days away! OMG!!

Okay, well on to my crafty share for the day. I was able to go to our monthly crop last Friday night at Scrapping Frenzy. I was 2 hours late but I still managed to do 2 layouts!! So proud that they are just fun ones and non-DT related stuff. I also got to meet some of the lovely ladies and regular customers of the store and had alot of fun!! This is one of the layouts I completed, titled 'staycation'. The pic is from last summer at fly creek cafe, it's my step brother, brother in law, and my niece and nephew chilling outside on the sand on a
late summer afternoon- I liked this picture of them so much I just had to steal it from facebook! I have lots of pics like that, and tons that I need to print too! :D maybe I can do that this weekend! Okay, here are the pics. I apologize for the crooked pics I couldn't get them to rotate for some reason!! 
AGH! Just think of it as abstract art! Some close ups:









Thanks for taking a look! This is my first non-DT related share in a few weeks, glad that I had the extra time in June to do a few new pages for my personal album. I think I was just feeling extra inspired! I hope it continues through July....cause it's gonna be a very busy month!! I hope to be back tomorrow with more non-DT related layouts to share and a sneak peek at my 'special project' for July!!! Ok, well enjoy the rest of your Sunday night :) Until next time, Peace~ VV

Supplies List:
kraft striped paper, background paper and chipboard birdies- Oriental Trading Companyyellow 
paper flowers (kraft and light teal)- Recollections
large circle paper- Basic Grey 'Lime Rickey'
vintage buttons, travel journal tag, arrows- from my stash
brown letters by Thickers
white and yellow cardstock by Bazzil
yellow/white and green/white baker's twine by Queen and Co.
Stick-on Summer Quotes by Me & My Big Ideas mat sticker stack
large dew drop and birdies eyes- dew drops by The Robin's Nest
Glimmermist by Tattered Angels in lily pad
Colorbox chalk ink by Clearsnap in chestnut roan, dark brown
denim flower, green spotty button, crochet doily and yellow cabachon by Purple Pumpkin Crafts



No comments:

Post a Comment