Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

'Water Lover' SF/DT layout for July ;)


Hi everyone!! I'm here with you on this lovely Thursday to share with you my first  DT layout for July that I did for Scrapping Frenzy, my LSS. I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July holiday, I know I sure did, got to spend some quality time with the fam and eat some yummy food and just think about how lucky we are to be Americans!!!( the 4 day weekend sure did help too)  So this layout was kind of just something I thought up when looking at the papers that came in our DT kit for July. I was really in love with the woodgrain paper so I decided to take it even a step further and make it part of the main focal point of my background. And something else that rarely happens- all 3 of these photos are of just me! Well except for Jimmy's feet in part of one! Also, our themes for July are the colors red and yellow, as well as 'beach' so I knew this would be perfect for what I was going for! Ok, on with the photos, close ups first this time!!!


Okay, and now the full-page view! Pardon my holding the page by the window, this was the first sunny day we'd had in a while and I had to take advantage of it quickly to get some good detail photos. I always take my pics by the window because natural lighting is the best always!!! I had alot of fun layering again on this LO, starting with the wooden planks I made using the Crate Paper 'Pretty Party' collection, this paper is called 'cake stand'. I basically wanted it to  look like planks on a boardwalk or a beachouse, so I roughed up the edges using my paper distresser, then inked them, then sprayed in random places using some smooch spritz in gold glow and caramel mocha.Then  I inked again in a secondary color
& laid it flat to dry.
To assemble my fun cluster under the photos, I started with a scrap of seersucker fabric I had from some pants that needed to be hemmed! HA! Cause I'm short all my stuff is too long! I actually ended up making them shorts, so I have ALOT of this leftover. On top of that I put a scrap of burlap, some vintage buttons and fabric buttons, along with a few other little things I found in my stash as well as 2 vinyl hearts off the to side. I tied the red button with some red/white baker's twine by Queen & Co.
For the paper strips behind the wooden planks, I actually cut off the 'border' on 2 of the other papers in my DT kit and used the reverse side of them as decoration, they fit perfectly! Then for the cluster on the other side I added more random stuff along with some Prima flowers, and buttons o'course!!!!
For the title, I fussy cut around several block letter stickers I had and decided to do every-other one for a more stand-out look. Then on top of the sticker letters I used Stickles in yellow.

Ok, well that's all for me today! I hope you got some inspiration from this page to combine your scrapping stuff and some household stuff to make a super cute, super shabby chic page!! Thanks for stopping by! :D Until next time, Peace, Y'all~ VV
Scrapping Frenzy Supplies: Crate Paper 'Pretty Party' collection 'cake stand'-woodgrain paper, Crate Paper 'Pretty Party' collection 'Stitch'- red lace background paper, brown cardstock, beige shimmery cardstock-journal block, red/white baker's twine by Queen & Co, Yellow striped border strip from American Craft's Neopolitan line 'Pretty Please', Ranger Stickles in yellow and Xmas red, Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in gold glow and caramel mocha, The Robin's Nest dew drops, Tim Holtz distress ink in fired brick and tea dye, also Tim Holtz distress marker in antique linen. Colorbox fluid chalk inks by Clearsnap- dark brown and chestnut roan, Sticky thumb pop dots.
Other Supplies: vintage buttons and floral fabric buttons, burlap and seersucker fabric- from my stash. Large red spotty button, yellow tickets, red and yellow vinyl hearts- Purple Pumpkin Crafts, Prima flowers, cabochons-Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment