Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

remember this day.. {BG 2.06 sketch challenge}

Good evening, bloggers! It's been almost a week since my last post, and it's been a busy one! Mardi Gras season and 45-50 hr work weeks are in full swing! Thankfully only about another 2 weeks and it's over. I have still been trying to squeeze in wedding planning, along with keeping the house tidy (which is difficult sometimes!) working like crazy, not to mention all the many, many things to do on my crafty list. There is just never enough time it seems. I find more and more though that making time for it in my busy schedule really makes me happy and helps me relax at the end of a day or week. I find that my brain is so wound up at the end of a work day that it takes a little while to decompress all the millions of thoughts in my head. The other night I totally couldn't sleep because my mind was wrestling/tossing back and forth millions of wedding ideas/projects/things I've seen on pinterest, and I think it took me a good 2 hrs to fall back asleep. So last night, as J was getting in the bed early for an opening shift the next day, I spent about 3 hrs in my craft room working on this LO for the Basic Grey sketch challenge. It really helped me 'decompress' my thoughts and just relax and be able to create...it really helped me get to sleep after that! 
So here it goes, this was the original sketch:

And this is my take on it:



 For this LO, I mixed the 'out of print' line and the 'lemonade' line from Basic Grey. I seriously LOVE their papers, with the extra $$ I make this month I may break down and buy the kissing booth  and picadilly line. I have to splurge on something for myself after working so hard, right?! The larger paper strip is from Out of Print and the scallopped paper strips, as well as the argyle sticker and green argyle paper are from Lemonade. Here are a few closies:
 I used 2 fabric buttons from my Purple Pumpkin stash (lucky dip bag ordered in Nov) and it just keeps giving back! There is almost NEVER an LO that doesn't need a little PP love on it. I placed an order in the Jan. sale and am still anticipating my goodies!! Can't wait till it arrives!! I used a pink spotty button, as well as a little girl button that I 'punked' up a bit by inking them both with Tim Holtz distress ink in antique linen, then I put sunbeam yellow stickles on top of the girl button and added a heart sticker on top of the spotty button. I love the way they turned out!
 For the title, I flipped over a foil stamped chipboard embellishment and used some of the element stickers from the Lemonade line then doodled around it in black felt tip pen. I added some more of the stickers that I put on cardstock and then fussy cut and inked with antique linen again. The felt cutout heart was from my stash and I added stickles to it too.

 For the bees, they were element stickers too that I put on cardstock and inked, then popped up with some pop dots. I did a combo of heart puffy stickers and rub ons for the floating hearts above them. 
 I love this little bee with the hearts!! totally cute and lots of personality!!
 Here is a close up of the pic of me and my Meemaw, I was 6, my sister was 4. We were at a family reunion in the summer at the local beach. I was always such a ham for the camera! For this photo, I matted it and then over it put a clear rub on frame that I added yellow stickles to the edges of. I love how it turned out! Really makes this photo pop off the page!! Probably one of my fav pics of all time of me and my meemaw :) Man I still miss her like crazy!!
 And a close up of the journaling strips, green argyle paper popped up with lots of pop dots! I used like half a sheet on this page! LOL!

Alright friends, that is all for tonite. It's getting pretty late here and my hunny is already in the bed. I will be submitting this one for the BG 2.06 sketch challenge and I hope I win!! I really need some more of their paper, that would just be like the best late bday present ever!!!  I will leave you with a pic of me and my hunny bear after the Mardi Gras parade this past Friday night... it was alot of fun and a good break from our usual 'stay in' routine. It's good to get out and see why you are working so hard, right?! Until next time, Peace Y'all~ VV



Supplies List:
background paper- Oriental Trading Co
wider paper strip- Basic Grey 'out of print'
scalloped paper strips, green argyle paper- Basic Grey 'lemonade'
bees, cutout flowers, argyle strip, sticker letters- Basic Grey element stickers 'lemonade'
white cardstock
Tim Holtz paper distresser
Tim Holtz distress ink in 'antique linen'
stickles in sunbeam yellow
3 layer paper flower- K & Company
fabric covered buttons- Purple Pumpkin Crafts
tiny pearls/pink/mint green- Michaels
chipboard journal block (title)-American Crafts
vellium heart stickers, puffy heart stickers- Stickopatomus
black rub ons, clear grid frame, felt cut out heart-stash
glue stick, black felt tip pen, pop dots

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture. Love your layout and thank you for telling us all the details in it. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful LO with a terrific mix of BG papers! Their lines always mix so wonderfully and it is such a great feeling to be able to mix new and old for a more original look! Such a sweet photo of little you! Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog. :) Good luck in winning the sketch challenge!! I won the Oxford paper pack last December for the stitching challenge. It was so exciting to get free stuff! ;) I love their collections!!

    ReplyDelete