Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

it's been TOO LONG + MME challenge

Hello everyone out there in blog land.... I am so happy to be back in a normal routine after a month of craziness at work. Still staying busy, but not as many grueling hours at the store and non stop customers since Mardi Gras is finally over! I was so busy that I didn't get a chance the past 3 weeks to visit anyone's blog or leave any comment love or even read my favorite challenge blogs! And I have missed it so! Like I said I am glad to be back in a more normal routine and hopefully getting my scrappy mojo going again! Wedding plans are slowly coming along...I hope to have a crafty girls day this Saturday with one of my bridesmaids to experiment with a few of the crafts I want to make for the wedding. If we get a few experiments under our belt, and I can snap some photos,I will definitely being sharing them on here!!!! I am going out of town for a manager's conference early Sunday am until very late Tuesday PM so when I get back I hope to become re-inspired...it is travel for work but I always enjoy getting out of the store for a bit and staying in Santa Cruz, California ain't too bad either!! 

Okay, enough of my jabbering...although I do kinda feel like it's been FOREVER! Almost a month since I updated. My last LO that I was working on before the craziness hit was for a challenge over at My Mind's Eye. Unfortunately, I did miss the deadline but I wanted to share it with y'all still cause I think it turned out really cute. I don't have that much MME stuff in my stash, because it seems like every time I get some I use it all up immediately!! So this was the sketch we were supposed to use, as well as the
theme 'YOU' and the other rule was 80% MME products:

And this is what I came up with, titled 'ME and TAZ':
 closer shot:

 And some closies:

 For the cluster of flowers, I used mostly MME flowers and brads, along with a few other Prima flowers from my stash. I doodled around them with brown felt tip pen and added texture with some turqouise beads and a yellow resin rose from PP.

 The title I made with a MME tag and some buttons and brown thickers.

 A close up of the misting/stickling I did to the background paper. Overall I'm really pleased how this LO turned out, and my favorite part is the color scheme!!


 So, happy March to everyone and welcome spring! I hope I have more scrappy creations to share with you very soon!! Until next time, Peace Y'all~ VV

Supplies List:
Turquoise Lush Collection by My Mind's Eye- ribbon, paper flowers, jewel and pearl brads, 
striped paper, & flocked journaling block
Tim Holtz distress stickles- peeled paint
Tim Holtz distress ink- antique linen
Tim Holtz paper distressing tool
Smooch Spritz in gold glow
thickers sticker letters- American Crafts
paper flowers- Prima Marketing No. 9 essentials
yellow resin rose- Purple Pumpkin Crafts
vintage buttons- stash
yellow and taupe cardstock-stash
background paper- unknown







No comments:

Post a Comment