Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

'snow' enchanting!

Good evening, everyone!I hope your Monday wasn't too crazy or hectic. I know mine was pretty good. I was off work today and got to stay home with J all day....however not as productive as I had hoped I would be, wanted to get started on some spring cleaning and tackle this mountain of laundry, however sketch challenges were calling my name! Today was the last day to enter the sketch challenge over at Stuck?! so I had to get going and submit something! This was the original sketch:
Pretty basic, 3 photos though which I LOVE because I always have so many pictures to scrap. I used this as a loose idea for my LO. I added some thicker paper strips to the bottom and also put the Title on the opposite side of the photos. Also I added alot more embellishments... I just couldn't help myself. Since I don't have alot of snow pictures I couldn't resist using up some of the yummy goodies from the
  Artful Delight Nov scrapbook kit that I won back a few months ago. Here are some pictures:
 I really like how the earthy-colors make the white snow in the photos stand out. I also was trying to avoid making it too 'icy wintery blue' so I put alot of greens and browns in there for good measure. Almost everything used on this page came from the November scrapbook kit! My first time really breaking into that stuff, I love how the trees and little deer turned out too. Now, for some closies:
 Probably my favorite page element, I made these 2 trees. At first, they were just some basic chipboard trees that came in a kit I ordered from Oriental Trading. I took the middle out of the tree and used it to make a second one. Then I backed the 'hollow' tree with brown cardstock and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo. I thought it looked a little plain, so I put a generous amount of liquid glass in there and filled it up with these 'candies' circle things. Then I doodled on the trunk of the tree. On top of that I added ice stickles and some Martha Stewart tinsel glitter on top of the stickles. For the second smaller tree, I took the chipboard cut out and inked it, then made a little trunk with leftover brown cardstock. On top of that I put several prima flowers that I inked with more Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo. I put them kind of close together so they would look like big leaves. 

 For the snowflakes, I used chipboard ones that I added some pearl bling to , then doodled around them with ice stickles and sprinkled more tinsel glitter on top. 



That's all for now my scrappy friends..back to work tomorrow, a closing shift though, probably stay up for a bit and do another LO since I CAN!! J will probably stay up and play his game I'm sure, which basically takes up the whole living room with our 52" tv blasting and all the lights out! That means I'm back in my craft room working away! I really should be doing laundry, but ugh its kinda depressing. Have to turn on some really good tv to get me to tackle that pile, well, there's always tomorrow. Until next time, Peace Y'all~VV

Supplies List:
Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo
Martha Stewart crafts tinsel glitter in crystal
Smooch Spritz in caramel mocha
Glimmer Mist in lilypad
brown and green cardstock
American Crafts thickers 'giggles'
Craftworkcards 'Candi' in choc-o-mocha
Prima Marketing north country collection paper- ' In the House'
Prima Marketing north country collection chipboard stickers
Prima Marketing north country collection flower market
chipboard trees- Oriental Trading Co.
ice stickles in stardust
Glossy accents 
Tim Holtz paper distressing tool
stick-on pearls, blue, green, gray- Michaels




No comments:

Post a Comment