Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

sister, or seamonster? {purple pumpkin january sketch challenge}

Happy Saturday everyone! If I had to choose a 'theme song' for this post it would be 'SEALION by Feist. LOL you'll see why in a bit! I hope y'all had a good week and are looking forward to a relaxing, productive weekend. I have to work today and tomorrow and won't be off again until Monday. With Mardi Gras season fully approaching, this will be my last week with 2 days off! Then a month of only 1 day off per week. Kinda stinks, less time to do crafty things not to mention keep the house clean, but that's what I've got my honey for right?? It will be a full on push until Feb 21st, Fat Tuesday, then the craziness will subside. Lots of caffeine and brain power to get me to that day! Wish me luck! 

I was able to spend a few hrs last night in the craft room to do the Jan Sketch challenge over at Purple Pumpkin. I think this LO is a different kind of style for me, more 'minimal' I guess than my normal stuff. I was inspired by a fish button that I had in my mixed lucky dip bag from PP. For the sketch, I used 2 square photos and 1 smaller one, and stacked them on top of one another inside of next to each other to make the paper squares on the background work a little better. This was the original sketch:


The title of this LO is 'Sister, or Seamonster?' Kind of a funny title, I had a picture of the sand face we made and I thought it would be cute with the fish button. Of course, in real life she is my sister, not a seamonster! This is my take on the sketch:
To make my background papers go better with the red tickets and dark red fish button, I sprayed them with a mix of smooch spritz in cherry ice and gold glow. 

 Close up of this little cluster, the PP fish button that I added a googly eye to, and also a spotty button.
 The red tickets I wrote on and also added a pirate sticker. 


so
So that is about all for today... need to get going and get to work soon! Hopefully I'll get some more scrappy time in tonite after work if it's not too late. Short day Sunday, so between now and then maybe I'll get inspired! I really wanted to get started on our vacation album from the Portland trip soon.  Until next time my scrappy friends, Peace Y'all~ VV

Supplies List:
blue damask paper, chipboard tag and minis, fish brads, pearl brad, googly eye, white sticker letters-stash
flip flops and sunnies stickers- Jolee's embellishments
sea creatures paper- "water words" collection, 'splash dance' by Imaginisce
paper strips- Basic Grey 'Ambrosia' collection "fresh squeezed"
blue jean paper, polka dot paper, photo mats- My Mind's Eye 'home' collection
Colorbox chalk inks in lipstick, seafoam and butterscotch
Smooch Spritz in cherry ice and gold glow
light blue dew drops by the Robin's Nest
Aqua stickles
blue twine, red tickets, teal spotty button, fish button- Purple Pumpkin Crafts


1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout with so many cute and cool details! Love it! How cool is the goggle eye on the fish button - fab work! Thanks for playing along with us at PP! :D

    ReplyDelete