Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Challenge at Frosted Designs

Hi friends! Happy Friday to you! I hope you all had a great week and I'm sure you're looking forward to your weekend! I work in retail so my weekend is Mon-Tues but still I only have 2 more days of work after today! Then i can be back to scrapping!! I am so, so, happy to have a bigger place to work now and come home to a somewhat set up studio. I finally got a large bookcase now I have room for stuff on shelves! Check back on the blog on Wednesday and i will hopefully have some good pictures for you of my new space!!!

Okay, onto the challenge. This time we are challenging you to pick any 3 words (or more) from this inspiration photo to use on your project or layout. The sponsor this week is Xyron offering up a fabulous prize!! 

" Spring has finally sprung! Incorporate 3 of the following words into your project in any creative way, you choose. For example: Use the word spring in your title, use the color yellow somewhere and use a 'fluffy' embellishment such as gesso, twine or pom poms! You can use any other items you wish just make sure at least 3 words are represented in your project in some way!"




For my layout, I chose to use the word 'chicks' in the title, the colors blue and green in my papers, and flowers on my page. This is what it looks like! Kind of a non-traditional spring theme but these photos are from March 2013 when I took a good girlfriend to her first Mardi Gras Ball in Mobile, Alabama.




Here are a few closies for you to take a gander at :)


I chose these photos because I thought they mixed really well with the fun-free spirited theme of the Zip-A-Dee-Doodle papers by Bo Bunny. I love doodling!!! I didn't have to add much embellishment to my page because there were so many great elements from the combo sticker sheet that fit perfectly.


I added a little bit of the Trendy Tape in Chevron black just to anchor my 'chicks' near the bottom of the page...they go perfect with the title!!


I cannot say enough about wood veneers! I use them on everything!! I am constantly trying new ways to color them and tie them into the color scheme of my layout. I also like to put sugar dots or other enamel dots inside the 'flash' part of the camera for a little extra texture and fun!


Outlining is so hot right now, and I knew that once I had my glitter border around the title it needed something else, so I outlined away. I kind of made it look 'messy' on purpose again just to go with the Doodle theme of the papers.


I've had this clown fabric button in my stash for ages,. it was a purchase from Purple Pumpkin ages ago and I finally had the perfect page to use it on! I put it next to the photo of us with the 'masked men' of the Mystics of Time.



I found this photo border in my stash as well, I flipped it around and put the quote up top so I could still showcase the small stickers at the bottom.


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to create something with my somewhat non-traditional spring layout! These papers were so fun to work with and I can't wait to get back in my studio and play with them again soon! Don't forget, you have plenty of time to link up your project for this challenge, just go to www.frosteddesigns.biogspot.com Good luck and we can't wait to see what you create, share on our fb page too!! Until next time, peace y'all!

Items used from the Frosted Designs store: www.frosted-designs.com

Bo Bunny Zip-A-Dee-Doodle collection papers & combo sticker sheet
Faber Castel Gelatos white & black
Prima Everyday Vintage SugarDots
Studio Calico wood veneer cameras
Ranger Stickles black diamond
Trendy Tape- chevron black

No comments:

Post a Comment