Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Love in Bloom with Basic Grey's Fresh Cut Collection

Hi everyone! I'm here to share a layout today I did using some of the new fabulous 'Fresh Cut' collection by Basic Grey. I have been dreaming of spring colors, warmer days, and this collection has it all! I think we can all agree that spring can't get here soon enough in the US. Its been a cold one, especially being my first winter in Oregon! We got snow!!


Here are a few close ups:


I started my layout without a picture in mind this time....I picked 2 of the geometric patterns with shades of green and anchored my layout at the bottom with some flowers- all fussy cut from one of the other papers. For dimension, I pop dotted some of them over top of the others. I had the perfect hot pink ric-rac the add to the bottom with staples for some more texture.




As I have been doing on alot of my projects lately, I used some more of the Studio Calico wood veneers, These were colored with a regular colorbox inkpad this time, an older one that I re-wetted and the wood seemed to soak the color right up. 
I enjoyed doodling around the wood hearts and bee stamps to create some movement up from my flower cluster at the bottom. I used stickles from the FD store as well as a white gelly roll pen. One last look:


That is all for today! I hope you enjoyed my share and are able to get your hands on some of this wonderful collection before it sells out!! I like the mix of geometric and floral patterns, it makes it very versatile for any occasion like most BG papers are, that's w:hy they are my fav!! Have a great weekend and I hope you get some time to get crafty :)




Products used from the Frosted Designs Store:
Basic Grey 'fresh cut' 12x12 collection pack
Ranger Dylusions ink spray 'white linen'
Maya Road metal trinkets- heart bubble
Studio Calico wood veneer hearts
Gelly Roll pen white
Stickles- frosted lace & fruit punch

No comments:

Post a Comment