Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

"My Favorite Things"





Hi everyone, it's Katie here again and you know what that means, time for a new challenge!! It's my turn to host, and I've come up with a fun way to incorporate one of my all time favorite Christmas songs, the 'Sound of Music' was the movie, and 'My favorite things' is the song.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper  package s tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;These are a few of my favorite things.
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;Silver-white winters that melt into springs;These are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites,When the bee stings,When I'm feeling sad,I simply remember my favorite things,And then I don't feel so bad. 
So the challenge this time is to use any combination of these words as part of your layout or project, at least 3 must be used.I have underlined 12 words since it is the 12th month of the year. For example, the color cream, Angel 'wings' and roses. I can already think of some yummy combinations!! Have fun and we can't wait to see what you create! Link up to the sidebar on the Frosted Designs blog no later than Jan 2nd to be entered to win our fabulous prize, which is A $20 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE FROSTED DESIGNS STORE!!!

Here is the layout I have completed for this challenge. The words I have used from the list are: ROSES, MITTENS, BROWN PAPER, STRINGS, SNOWFLAKES. It was fun to use some non-Christmasy papers and turn them into a festive winter layout with a non traditional color palette. The papers I have used are from the Wildflower Collection by Carta Bella, available in the Frosted Designs store. I have also used American Crafts cardstock, Studio Calico wood veneer snowflakes from the weather set, as well as some UM WOW chipboard chevron confetti and Prima Everyday Vintage sugar dots. I also took a lesson from Sundays with Sandee and did some handwritten font for part of my title :) I hope you will join us this time and share your projects on our facebook page too, we can't wait to see what you create!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment