Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013: October


Good evenin' friends. I can't believe October is here. This is my favorite month of the year, no  on my because it's our anniversary month, but lots of other favorite things, pumpkin spiced lattes, leaves changing ( gotta get some  goo  pics of those soon they are gorgeous right now!!) Football, the crisp air, and all things Halloween- including movie marathons and candy corn!! Hocus Pocus is my favorite:) it's also especially exciting this year because  I get to experience my first true seasonal change in Oregon.

I am stopping by today to share my version of Tim's tag for October. I always try to challenge myself to use the supplies I have on hand, and for this tag it was especially hard, I have been wanting some of the new seasonal release stamps and dies for a while, alas I still don't own a vagabond so I had to make do. I did have some blank grungeboard, and son  of the distress ink colors he used. For everything else I had to think outside the box! That's why these challenges are so awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on some  real distress glitter though! This was our inspiration, Tim's fabulous tag:


Here's the first tag: (again excuse my photos I haven't gotten used to editing on this tablet yet:/ )


I started my tag by using some of the distress inks on my makeshift nonstick Kraft mat- I used dusty concord, scattered straw, and spiced marmalade. I then wet the surface of my #8 tag before swiping it thru the inks like Tim does. I was really pleased with how the background turned out after a couple of tries. I then went around the edges with a ink blending tool loaded up with black soot for a nice border.





After that, I cut out a few squares of grungeboard and put a black cat and moon sticker from an old creative memories pack, then edged it in black soot, and went over it good with embossing powder and UTEE then heat set it. I led it heat for a while, it made some of the parts bubble up a bit. I also had some frames leftover from another Halloween pack that I glittered and pop dotted up around the cat. I added some black star blingys and tulle and ribbon to finish it off. 

For the second tag, I inked the background directly from the ink pad, then used a distress marker in bundled sage and blended with water. After that I added the pumpkin sticker to the bottom and drew around them with a sharpie. I had another grungeboard moon that I cut out, stamped around and started adding in other embellishments.


I had fun with some old epoxy stickers, glossy accents, and stickles in copper and black diamond. I haven't used these in a while so it was fun to doodle around the moon. This  is a smaller Kraft tag so I used mess ribbon and some staples to finish it off. 


Here are a few shots of both tags:)



Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. I have been so busy lately with work.stuff that creative time has really been on the backburner. But with the colder weather on its way, and more days inside on the horizon, I feel.like the mojo is coming back. I am so looking forward to next weekend...it's our 1 year wedding anniversary and we have a mini road trip.planned and some other fun stuff:) I hope to get some  good pictures!!


No comments:

Post a Comment