Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013: July



So I've been a bit behind on doing the tags, I missed June because of the move but I stayed up late tonight just in the nick of time to finish the tag for July! I will probably go back and make the June one, even though I know I'm out of the running for the top 12. It's been so fun making these tags every month and trying to emulate the styles and techniques that Tim uses. This time around I didn't have alot to go with from the original tag, so I cut up some paper from one of his collections, used tissue tape, some old star stickers, gesso, cherry ice smooch spritz, distress ink, and lots of other goodies. 
Here are a few shots of how it turned out:


 I started with a #8 manila tag and stuck down a bunch of old metallic star stickers to the base. After that, I spritzed and smudged with my hand the entire top portion with smooch spritz in cherry ice. I heated it a little, then over top of that I used some gesso with my fingers to smudge it out a little. I found that after heating it for a while, some of the star stickers started to curl and peel up on the edges, which I really liked the look of! Near the bottom, I used Glimmer Mist chalkboard in grey over the bottom where I had already glued down 2 pieces of TH paper. I did another layer of star stickers and gesso, then heated it all again. Over that I did some tissue tape, then distress stickles in faded blue jeans. I distressed and inked all the edges and crevices with vintage photo. 


For the title, I used a scrap piece of cardboard that I inked with salted ocean distress ink, then glued down some TH chipboard alphas. Then for the top I did a bit of lace, twine, and a vintage button. I also added some mini pearls near the top and bottom for a finishing touch. 



The other elements I used were a ticket that I inked and colored with a distress marker in broken china, a elements sticker from TH crowded attic collection, a metal piece, some more pearls and tissue tape, and some felt stars that I ended up melting a little with my heat gun too. 




Really happy with how it turned out! I like the peeling up stars and the pictures of Washington and Eisenhower that poke out underneath everything. So I am off to submit right before the deadline! Wish me luck, hope you are joining in for the #12tags. I can't wait to see what he does for August!!
Until next time, Peace Yall~ VV

No comments:

Post a Comment