Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

'Collage' Monthly Creative Challenge

So while perusing NE Alberta Street a few days ago when my friends from Alabama and Arizona were in town, I finally found my new home away from home, my new LSS!! I am so happy to have found a new place to shop, hang out, and make new scrap buddies in Oregon. It's called 'Collage' and it's a locally owned place with 2 locations in Portland. The one on NE Alberta houses a rather good size classroom, where they offer classes 4 days a week! So I picked up the class schedule and I plan on checking out some for August, they seem to focus on mixed media types of things, jewelry  making, printmaking, tote bag decor, etc so far not alot of scrapbook or mini album classes, although they carry alot of the supplies for it. I am hoping this is a sign from God that this might be my niche! To start teaching scrapbook-card-and mini album based classes at this place! So we shall see..I am going to turn in this project for the monthly craft challenge and then maybe submit some of my other work and see how it goes. I will also of course have to come up with what type of classes I would teach! So, wish me luck!

Ok, onto the challenge. Here's the info directly from the Collage blog, which you can visit HERE.

Collage Creative Challenge
We're starting something fun and new at our stores, and we need your help! We've developed the Collage Creative Challenge. The rules are as follows:


1. Each month we choose a product.
2. Customers (that's you!) purchase that product.
3. CREATE! Go crazy! Make whatever you like using that product.
4. Email us a picture of your creation & your phone number by the last day of each month at info@collagepdx.com.



At the end of the month, we'll collect all the entries and draw a winner randomly. That person will win a $50 gift certificate! Anyone can enter and anyone can win! Be sure to sign up for our monthly email, where we'll announce winners and the new product for each month.


JULY CHALLENGE
This month our product of choice is the Tim Holtz Assemblage Clock!



We are hosting this challenge at BOTH of our locations, so stop in to Alberta or Sellwood to pick up your own clock, get creative and enter to win $50 worth of collage goodies!

So, of course when I saw that I knew I had to buy one, and at only $10 how could I go wrong?! So here are some pics of what I came up with, I decided to honor the day we crossed the Oregon border from our 2,800 mile journey... June 3, 2013. Take a look, apologize for the bright photos I was trying to get some good shots in my kitchen this morning while the light was streaming in.





So that is about all for today! I have submitted my photos to Collage and I'm crossing my fingers that I win this month's challenge! The winner gets a very generous $50 certificate to the store!!! What a prize! Until next time friends, happy summer and happy scrapping~ Peace VV

Supplies Used:
TH assemblage clock
TH paper 'destinations'
TH film strip ribbon
TH chit chat verbiage stickers
TH distress stickles- 'peeled paint'
TH grungepaper
TH distress ink- tea dye, vintage photo, antique linen, & broken china
Purple Pumpkin VW Bus fabric button mini
burlaop, mini pearls and brads from my stash
American Crafts Dear Lizzy date stamp
Recollections frames patina pieces
Studio Calico wood veneer girl & boy
butterfly stamp
Glimmermist in 'lily pad'
Webster's pages deZinger trimZ
K&Co layered bling flower
Black Zig marker



2 comments:

  1. this is the most awesome candy I think I have ever scene! This would be so much fun to do! thanks for offering to share.

    ReplyDelete