Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

FDFF Challenge: The Great Outdoors!!


Hello friends! It's Friday again and you know what that means...another fabulous challenge over at Frosted Designs! This time we want you to create any OTP project, layout or card with the theme of "The Great Outdoors". Which should be easy right, it's summer so we all get out and enjoy the sunshine when we can. I happened to have done quite a bit of traveling this summer with our recent cross-country move so I had plenty of good photos to choose from. I actually printed 100 instagrams last week, most of them were from the trip, so I can't wait to scrap them all! It was hard to decide on which ones, I actually plan on making an 'entire 'road trip' album but I chose a few of my favorites for this layout I call "Wilderness Girls". It's kinda funny though we were all in Girl Scouts together back in the day, but it makes me think of that movie from the 90's about the Wilderness Girls...hmm I should find that on Netflix soon and save it for a rainy day. That was one of my favorite movies! Anyway, onto the good stuff, photos of my LO for today!!

 Here are a few close ups. I had fun digging back through my stash since the move. I did alot of purging when we left, had to make room for more important stuff, but at least I know it went to a good cause. I found some old BG out of print papers and combined them with more BG papers from a kit I bought just before the move called 'Clippings'. I thought the greens and whites went really well together. To do my layering, I used some Prima Trim, paper piecings, large flower, PP button, stickles, a bit of washi tape and a few other things to tie it all together. My photos aren't the greatest I took them at night so I had to brighten them a bit ...not too much light when you are up scrapping late at night like I usually am!!




 So that is about it for today, I hope you have a great weekend. I will be working but I get my 'weekend' Tues Wed so looking forward to getting back into a routine with all out of town company gone. It was fun to see them and show them our new place but the preparing beforehand can be so exhausting!!! Although it did motivate me to pretty much 'finish' out little place. All we are missing now is carpet for the bedroom, which will come soon I hope. I can't wait to share pics when the light is good in here in the next few days and everything is done!

Please come join us for this awesome challenge! All you have to do is link up your project on our sidebar at www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com no later than July 30th to be eligible for the DT picks for Top 3 and our Grand Prize winner gets some awesome stuff from Molossi as well as Spiegel Mom's Scrap Shop- our  wonderful sponsors this time!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Here's too a crafty weekend and normal routines :) Cheers! Until next time~VV


No comments:

Post a Comment