Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

FDFF Challenge Black & White + Another Color



Hi friends! I have so enjoyed catching up on all my blog reading and commenting today. It makes me realize just how much talent and inspiration there is out there..from my friends here and all over the globe. Scrapping and being creative really makes me happy, as I've said before it's my outlet. So that leads me to my latest layout for Frosted Designs. I chose a few pictures that really inspire me from everyday and a pic of myself in the middle as the 'artist at heart'. I am really happy with how this turned out. For the Fabulous Friday Challenge, our rules this time were to use black & white plus one other color for our layout or project. I first thought I would use purple, but then I found these photos and I thought one of my favorite colors, teal, would go perfectly! All you have to do to play along is link up your project or layout to the Frosted Designs blog no later than Wednesday, May 22nd and you will be entered to win our fabulous prize from  SpeigelMom's Scrap Shop ! So get to it! Good luck and don't forget you also could be in the Design Team's pick for Top 3!!

Here is my layout:


I started my layout with basic white cardstock. I used Smooch Spritz in River Mossy and Silver foil to spray my background. I also smudged some of it with my fingers. I originally wanted to do a textured background using gesso or some other medium but this paper wasn't thick enough to take it so I just went with it. I added my main strip of black and white chevron paper and went from there. I knew what photos I wanted to use so I matted them then heat embossed the black picture frame I had from another kit with UTEE to bring out my main photo.  Then I started adding my embellishments and stamping.
Here are some other shots:

  I distressed the edges of all my papers and sanded some of the chipboard embellishments before misting them. For finishing touches, I added some Prima flowers, buttons from BoBunny, some Tim Holtz sentiment stickers and vial labels. Also the large manila tag was leftover from my last experiment with Tim's Tags of 2013, it was a little too blueish for what I was going for on the Patina look so I cut it down and added it to this layout for more texture. I also mixed 2 different packs of Thickers for my title, which I seem to be doing alot these days! LOL! And a few close ups:








Thank you so much for stopping by today! I really enjoy reading all my comments and visiting all your blogs. It's so inspirational! One day I will have all the time in the world to create which is what I would really love to do. Only about 19 or so days until the move then I get to travel with my sis and have 3 weeks off!! 
I can't wait to have some free brain time and not have to worry about doing all this stuff!!! Trust me...there is sOO much to do between now and then, just hoping I can get motivated to get it all done!

Don't forget to link up your project to the Frosted Designs sidebar linky by May 22nd to be entered to win our fabulous prize from SpeigelMom's Scrap Shop!!! We can't wait to see what you create!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Katie, and looking at all the fun things things that define who you are. That center picture of you "smooching" is just adorable!!!! Fabulous job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ( fellow DT member ) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and totally fabulous layout, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete