Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

O.B.A.

Good evenin' bloggers! I have enjoyed a day off from work and since I completed my task of deep cleaning the carpet in the living room and dining room today, along with some other household chores, I am here to share a new layout! I did this one a few weeks ago before we left for Costa Rica. I had my favorite scrapping ladies over, Crystal, Carmen and Leanne and we also got to make a fun eggshell necklace that Carmen showed us the technique!! It was alot of fun, afterwards we went to the 'Taste of Mobile' for some good food. I was kinda disappointed that they didn't have any vino though!! 

These pics are from this past summer on a Sunday afternoon trip to the beach, all 3 of us were off, it was great weather, so we decided to take the 45 min drive to enjoy the sun, sand, seafood and bushwackers at Tacky Jack's in Orange Beach, AL better known as O.B.A. It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon!!
Here is an overview of the whole layout:



I started off with my background paper, not sure what line it is, I originally bought it thinking I would use it on a wedding project but I didn't. It looks like faded wood really rustic which is why I was so drawn to it in the first place! On top of the background, I used a large strip of paper, I think maybe American Crafts? It was a border paper that had different sized ones with a nautical theme, I cut out the crawfish one and distressed it then inked the edges. On top of that, I started laying out my photos.They were already a perfect size, prints of my instagrams that I ordered off of Kanvas.com! I decided to round the edges for a retro look. I also layered 2 more pieces of wood looking paper and a brown paper bag. The strips of wood paper are from Crate paper I think. Here are some close ups:

I also made a banner using some little flags from Elle's studio and also some baker's twine. I cut out all the flags and inked them, then folded them over and secured them to the twine with double stick tape. On top of my brown paper bag, I built one of my clusters, starting with a purple pumpkin button and a few tickets that i inked.  I added a large flower, a few of my favorite vintage buttons, and some small white flowers by Prima. For the centers of the flowers I used mini pearls, a large pearl, and stickles in Xmas Red and True Blue for the larger flower.

For my title, I used some Amy Tangerine Thickers that I lightly ran over with a brown marker to make them match my wood background paper. I also used some red checkered washi tape and a cut out sentiment from the same Crate Paper line to highlight a photo of my handsome man!!
 For my other cluster, I used half of a purple pumpkin crochet doily, some tickets, more vintage buttons, large flower and small flowers by Prima. Then I added the pearls and stickles to match the other centers I did on the bottom of the page. A little washi tape off to the side completes the look! For my journaling I used one of my favorite manila tags!

 And another view of my layout...near the window it was very chilly here today! About 10 degrees below normal!! Tried to get some pics while the sun was still peaking it's head out this afternoon!

Ok friends, well that is all I have to share with you today! I hope I have inspired you to get creative again and break out all those goodies in your stash!! I know I am looking forward to another day off, staying home and since I did most of my chores and running around yesterday and today, I will have an all-day crafty day tomorrow!! YAY! The perfect thing to do on those really chilly days, sweatpants, socks, hot cider, pandora and my scrap room await me.....until next time, peace y'all~ VV

No comments:

Post a Comment