Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

{Inner Beauty} July Sketch at HBS

Good afternoon friends! I am here today to share another non-DT layout I did late last night, I had caught the creative bug after going to our meeting at my LSS, Scrapping Frenzy. We were supposed to crop afterwards but everyone was pretty tired except me! So I came home and unpacked and got organized for my next few weeks of submissions, and decided to finish the LO that I started at the store. I am really, really happy with the way it turned out. I was inspired once again by a fellow DT member, Suzanne, who is the master of layering on her LO's!!! She puts everything under the sun on her pages...lace, freezer paper, cardboard, burlap, cheesecloth...LOL! Well I went digging through my stash and found a few things to layer, and I really wanted to brighten up this green/brown/black paper so I added some pinks in, to tye in my photo of my cousin Kate. I used the July Sketch that's up over at Handmade by Suzanne, my first submission for their challenges, but the winner gets a $40 voucher!! WHOO HOO!! Let's hope I win, there are sooo many awesome pages in their gallery!! Here is the sketch:

And this is how my LO turned out:



I decided to try my hand at a little layering of materials again. I used cardboard, several patterned papers, a shipping tag, a felt border, some satin material from a flower I took apart, buttons, and of course other yummy stuff. I have been holding onto some of these Basic Grey papers for a while, and I liked mixing them together, but I wanted to tie in the pink like her shirt in the photo, so I added the border and went from there! I really like how the unexpected color palette of browns, greens, blacks and cream mix with the light pinks! Perfect for the photo :D Here are a few close ups:





So that's all for me today. I hope you had a great weekend... I had to work but I also got a free day and was able to fit in a little 'relaxtion' time with friends which is always good for the soul, so I'm feeling great heading into the start of this week! I'll be back again soon to share another sketch challenge and maybe a wedding craft or two :D Until next time, Peace y'all~VV

Supplies Used:
pink cardstock-Bazzil
Echo Park 6x6 mini papers 'Note to Self'
leopard print paper- The Paper Studio
Basic Grey- Ambrosia 'Quince'
Basic Grey-Out of Print 'Odds 'n Ends'
pink felt flower border- Queen & Co
manila shipping tag
brown baker's twine- Queen & Co
pink and gold pearls- Michael's
Thicker's brown foam alphas
dew drops by The Robin's Nest
small circle, resin embellishment, silk piece, cardboard, vintage buttons, flowers, and brads- mystash
fabric button- Purple Pumpkin Crafts
Ranger Stickles in gold
Tim Holtz distress stickles - peeled paint
Colorbox cat's eye inks in chestnut, dark brown, black, and dark moss
Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap in 'emerald sprinkle'
brown ZIG marker
Tim Holtz distress marker in 'picket fence'





No comments:

Post a Comment