Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

{Made in the Shade} my first DT post!!!


Good morning! Katie here to share with you my very first design team post for Scrapping Frenzy!! It's so exciting!!! I hope everyone is excited as I am for what's to come in the next few months from the DT. We have lots of fun things planned for the blog as well as fun events at the store including CLASSES which are my fav! I hope to see some of you there!! One of our themes this month is summer fun,  and I thought these photos would be perfect for that! Okay, on with the fun stuff, my first LO!!
I used papers from my DT pack as well as the red baker's twine to make an unexpected color combo for these beach pictures taken last summer in Gulf Shores at a house we had rented on West Beach. I really wanted my photos to be the center of attention because I like them so much so I chose a monochromatic kind of color scheme. I used the solid peachy-colored side of one page and spruced up my background with some mists, of course! Also my photos I used the shimmery solid sand colored cardstock and distressed the edges and also inked them to make them stand out. My favorite part was fussy-cutting some of the designs from the Basic Grey paper, Out of Print is one of my all time favorite lines! So I fussy-cut some of the paisleys and pop dotted them onto the page to make them stand out. To finish it off, I added a title I cut from Cricut, some flowers and pearls and bling and other things I had in my stash. This is how it turned out, tell me what you think: 







Okay, I hope you enjoyed seeing some inspiration today, I know I sure did enjoy sharing it:) Until next time, have a great week and enjoy this summer weather before it gets too hot! 
Scrapping Frenzy Supplies:
Sand colored shimmery card stock
Cloud 9 Design-"Sweetheart Collection" 'bloomin' love'(background paper)
Basic Grey "Out of Print" 'batik' (fussy cut pieces) 
Red/white Baker's Twine
SmoochSpritz by Clearsnap in 'caramel mocha' and ' cherry ice'
Tattered Angels Glimmermist in 'Sun Sisters' 
Stickles in Tropical Tangerine
Colorbox fluid chalk ink cat's eye in 'blush rose'
 sticky thumb pop dots
Other supplies: 
pearls and bling by Michael's  
fabric button- Purple Pumpkin Crafts 
paper flowers by Recollections
kraft paper
stickers by Jolee's boutique 

No comments:

Post a Comment