Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

stuck?! sketches CT application {wish me luck}

Good afternoon everyone out there in crafty blog land and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I am super happy today because I'm off work for most of the day, and I was able to complete an LO for the Stuck?! Sketches CT Winter 2012 team. I always find that I am more inspired the more and more I scrapbook and the more and more I surf online and look at everyone's gorgeous blogs! Last night for instance, I was just hopping around to all of my favs, like usual, and I saw a tutorial at The Paper Variety on how to make paper lace! Super cute...plan to use that technique later today as I hope to get back in the craft room after I put up the rest of these Christmas decorations. Well, on to the main topic of today's post, I am applying for the Creative Team at Stuck?!. It will be my second time applying for any sort of design team, and I know I have to get myself out there if I expect to expand into the crafting world. So I'm going for it. Wish me luck!

This is the sketch they asked us to use as inspo for an LO:
And this is what I came up with:




 And here are some closies: 

 I used prima flowers, vintage buttons, brads, stickles, smooch spritz, and Tim Holtz distress stain to give everything an aged look.
 on the other side I did a smaller cluster with a wonderful Purple Pumpkin button, a flower, and another button. 

 this is my favorite shot!

I am off to submit this for the Winter 2012 CT! Wish me luck! Then it's time to finish packing away the Christmas decor,get out the Mardi Gras decor :) finish cleaning up, and hopefully a few hours in the craft room before I have to go in for inventory tonight at the store. I think an iced chai latte is calling my name before this day is over!! Until next time scrappy frandz:) Peace y'all~ VV

Supplies List:
background paper and paper strip-unknown from stash
cream leaf paper- Making Memories Autumn Splendor collection
fuzzy-cut clear acetate lace-Anna Griffin
brown glitter flourishes- Recollections
paper flowers- various Prima collections
Tim Holtz distress stain- vintage photo, antique linen and tea dye
Tim Holtz distress stickles- scattered straw
dark brown cat eye-Colorbox chalk ink
Fleur de Lis large brad- Oriental Trading Co.
med tan fabric button- Purple Pumpkin Crafts
pearl brads, chipboard sentiment, flower center-from stash
Creative Memories frosted splits & Glossy Accents liquid glass
photo glue stic, tape runner, large Zots
dark brown Zig Writer


No comments:

Post a Comment