Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

tender moments. {stuck?! sketches 12/15 challenge}

hi everyone. I am feeling very accomplished today because not only did I get caught up a bit at the store today but I also was able to return/exchange some items J picked out for me at Michael's AND I also managed to finish this layout tonight in just under 2 hours! Let's face it...he did pretty well on all my xmas gifts actually, but in telling him I wanted lots of T!m Holtz stuff, he coincidentally got 2 things that I already have. It's cool though, cause I was able to switch them out for much needed refills on adhesive, a new T!m Holtz paper distresser, and a few sheets of basic grey paper. Why oh WHY don't they just carry the paper packs?! I mean seriously... you'll go in there sometimes and see a few sheets here and there of different lines, but never any complete BG collection packs. I am starting to become a paper snob I guess and I am obsessed with all their new lines right now. 

Ok, on to the challenge! I am submitting this LO for the Stuck?! Sketches Dec. 15th challenge.
This was the original sketch:
                                            

and this is what I came up with:  picture with flash
 picture without a flash...you can't see the colors as well but you get a better idea of the textures going on.
 another overview of the entire LO. for the basis of my page I used corrugate cardboard leftover from some packaging and on top of that I added 2 different patterned papers and then of course lots of embellies!!
 close up of the glass-slide title I did. used some sticker letters, stuck them altogether, used redline to tape them to the back of a glass slide. Sprayed over letters with smooch spritz in gold glow and caramel mocha for that aged look. then topped it with another glass slide and some gold foil metal tape. I liked the look of leaving the ends unfinished, so I did. the other part of the title is some pink rub ons.
 for the flower and hearts cluster, I used several Prima flowers that I sprayed and inked along with some flower stickers I had in my stash. To make them all kind of go together I funked them up with lots of TH distress stain in vintage photo and smooch spritz in gold glow and vanilla shimmer.

 Another close up of the top of the LO, foil stamped chipboard covered in TH distress stain.
 A side view: and my favorite view of the whole LO...here at the bottom.

I think it's so important to document these special moments. Especially for me, no longer having my Peepaw around, it's photos like these that really capture his kind, sweet spirit and the best of him, which is how I will always remember him. This was the first time I think he got to hold Ezra, technically his step-great-grandson. It was just an awesome moment, you can see little Ez just looking up at the twinkling in Peepaw's eye. <3
Well that is it for tonite folks! I really need to get to bed...early shift tomorrow. 
Until next time, peace y'all~VV

Supplies List:
12x 12 corrugated cardboard from scrapbook packaging
long paper strip-K&Company 'Jubilee Pink Postage'
square text paper- T!m Holtz Ideaology 'Lost and Found' paper stash
T!m Holtz distress stain in vintage photo
T!m Holtz paper distresser tool
clear/velluim ivory lace paper- Anna Griffin
flowers-Prima 'brown' and 'north country' collection
beige crystal heart- Prima 'say it with crystals'
crinkled paper sticker- Pebbles
glass slides/foil metal tape- Oriental Trading Co.
Smooch Spritz-caramel mocha, vanilla shimmer, and gold glow
foil-stamped chipboard sentiments- 'The sweet life' by colorbok
wooden heart- Pink Paislee woodshop letters
red rose enamel embellishment- Purple Pumpkin Crafts
pink rub-on letters Me&My Big Ideas
heart stickers, vintage buttons& H letter sticker- my stash
adhesives used: redline tape, pop dots, glue stick, tape runner
& Creative Memories frosted splits


No comments:

Post a Comment