Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

card + a secret


Good morning friends! Hope the start to your September has been good so far! I can't complain too much except that the next 2 weeks are going to kind of suck schedule wise, I will be working more hours than normal while one of the other managers at the store is on vacation. Which, in the end means more $ for me but it doesn't leave me alot of scrapping or fun time. So I have been trying to get ahead of the game and do all the projects I have due for September, including some challenges that I'd like to compete in. I meant to get going on them yesterday while I was off, but I was messing around with the look of my blog. I only meant to change the background and then I accidently deleted a whole bunch of stuff and had to spend 2 hours starting from scratch again so it wouldn't look weird! Well, for now it looks better I think it's not totally perfect and I will be adding stuff as I go, but for now it's a new look?!! What do you think?


So Frosted Designs new scrapbooking kit and supplies store opens in 2 DAYS!!! I am so excited to still be part of this team and be able to share some inspiration for all of the great new products we will be carrying. If you haven't already, please follow Frosted Designs on facebook and stay tuned to the BLOG for the launch of the new store in just a few days! The Design team has lots of fun challenges planned and we will be sharing up lots of inspiration for you every single day!!

Ok, so isn't that exciting? In the midst of all these changes, I was able to throw together a quick birthday card for my stepmom who's bday was August 27th and get it off into the mail to her along with a jar of my very first batch of homemade pear butter :) I hope she and my dad enjoy it! 


I had all these scraps from one of my favorite Authentique lines, and I knew I had been saving them for something special. I just love the color scheme, all I did was paste them around the card covering the blank white, then put large pearls for the flower centers. I also cut out another piece of yellow patterned paper that I stamped and inked and then pop dotted up. Under that I put a scrap of fabric, a vintage button, mini wood veneer camera, and a paper rose. I misted lightly over this and then started the inside with a bit of stamping and the back with paper and mist. All total, it probably took me about 20 minutes to make.



Well that is all for today. Check back in with me in a few days for more inspiration... Tim's Tag for September, more CSI case files, and of course new challenges for Frosted Designs!! Can't wait to share again:) Until next time scrappy friends~VV



1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card!!! Yellow is my favorite color, so this one makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete