Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge: Chipboard


Hello friends! I am here again to share my project for our bi weekly Fabulous Friday Challenge over at Frosted Designs! This time we are asking you to make any project, mini album, or OTP project using chipboard! This challenge should be really easy, especially since chipboard is one of my favorite things to work with! Share your project with us no later than August 29th to be entered into our DT picks for 'TOP 3" and also a very cool prize from our sponsor, Moments of Tranquility. We can't wait to see what you create!!

Now, for my share, take a look and tell me what you think!
 I loved combining some of my old embellishment stickers and flowers with some of my new Studio Calico wood veneer accents- all of the sailboats came from the travel pack, I also added Tim Holtz tissue tape, navy pearl brads, gesso, and some stamping. The little piece of stuff under the cream cardstock is a leftover scrap of some of my favorite seersucker pants that I had to cut up last summer, I don't know why but seersucker always reminds me of summer!




 To create texture on my page, I used several different pieces of cardstock that I distressed, inked, ripped, tore and layered. I also gesso'd some of the background before starting to lay down my elements. For the chipboard title, I inked, stickled and gesso'd over the title with Tim Holtz stickles in peeled paint. I also made a banner layering cardstock, navy ric rac, and chipboard along with some twine for the bottom of my page. 



And from instagram @khhollister



I used my color scheme and inspiration from case file #84 over at CSI. I have had kind of a mini scrapper's block lately due to stress at work, and these case files really help get the ideas flowing. For the evidence, I used anchor/nautical/stripes/twinetexture/circles. For the testimony, I used "tell about time together on a getaway" and was inspired by dream/write/explore. I also used the sketch as a jumping off point. 

I hope you will join us this week at Frosted Designs, we can't wait to see what you create! 

No comments:

Post a Comment