Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

it's just us, girl. {frosted designs sketch along tues #29}

Good evening, night owls. if you're like me the nighttime is the best time to scrap and get the creative juices flowing! I have been off for a day or two, and finally got at least one half of the house decorated, some gifts wrapped, grocery shopping for the week done, and even a little cleaning! I figured I would reward myself with some quality time in the craft room!! I swear it feels like it's been ages since I posted on here, even though it was less than 2 weeks ago. It also feels like it's been ages since I did a real LO! I have been so busy lately I haven't been able to keep up with all the awesome challenges going on, but I think I might be back in the swing of things! I managed to spend about 2.5 hrs in the craft room tonight and get this LO done for the Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays Challenge #29. I am really happy with the way it turned out! Not only did I get to make a banner for the first time ever on a page, but I got to use some of my new paper and awesome handmade embellishments from Purple Pumpkin. I have been drooling over their stuff for months and was finally able to order some things in the last sale of the year a few weeks ago! So this is my first LO ever using their stuff! So exciting because each piece is really unique and adds just that bit of texture and quirkiness to a page that I really really like. So here goes, this was the original sketch:

And this is what I came up with:

 I really like the muted colors in this LO, it makes the photos really stand out. Of course these are 2 of my favorite shots, me and my little niece Zoe Blythe on Easter this year. She is a such a good natured baby, I swear when I have kids one day soon that they all have her temperament! The Purple Pumpkin large vintage girl button and taupe flowered button really add some great visual interest. My most favorite part was making the banner, out of scraps of the same patterned paper I used at the top for the circles and some fuzzy dyed twine I had in my ribbon box. It's really simple to do, and I think the banner really adds a bit of whimsy and fun to this super cute, girly page. Here are some closies:

 Here you can see the title, which I did with some white K& Company letters that I inked and sprayed with smooch spritz, also I used a masking tape sticker which I wrote on for the first part of the title.
 A good shot of the banner and the dimension it adds to the page!
 Close up of the GORGE purple pumpkin taupe med fabric button, I LOVE LOVE everything I bought from them, will def. order more at the next sale in January!
 And of course, we have to have a good closie of the most adorable vintage girl xl fabric button, next to a prima flower. I think it's the perfect combo!! 

I had so much fun digging through all my new goodies to make this page....still so much scrapping and fun projects to do and so little time these days. Oh well, back to work in the am and a busy weekend ahead. Since I'm on day shift though this weekend I only have to work 10-6 for the next 3 days, then lots of fun stuff for 2 days! I hope I can dedicate at least another night or two to the craft room, I love it so much and it really just makes me happy and relaxed, what can I say? It's ME time. 
Until next time my fellow night owls~VV

Supplies List:
background paper- Pebbles paper 'Fresh Goods' collection, "Simple Joys"
pink polka dot paper- Me & My Big Ideas paper pad
smaller circle and banner- Basic Grey 'Out of Print' collection, "Giclee"
Pebbles Co, masking tape stickers
Prima flowers 'Love Note' collection, "Madeline"
white sticker letters- K&Company
Zig fine tip permanent marker in brown
Smooch Spritz in 'Gold Glow'
Colorbox chalk ink in 'Chestnut'
pearl brads & vintage pink buttons
Purple Pumpkin items:
large scalloped pink flower circle
XL Vintage Girl fabric button
med taupe flower fabric button
yellow tickets


5 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the tickets and the flags. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page! I love so much about it.....the colours you've chosen, the flowers, your banner.....It all works together. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs. I hope to see your work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Marie, this is beautiful!!! I love the colors!! And your layers and textures are fabulous!!! Super cute photos too!! Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs/Sketch Along Tuesday!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout!! I agree, the soft colors do really make the photos stand out! I'm loving all the layers and the fun banner. So glad you played along with us for Sketch Along Tuesdays @ Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, love the pretty girly colors and all your details! The banner is a cute touch too! Thx for joining us @ FD for Sketch Along Tuesdays!!

    ReplyDelete