Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

back to life!

Hello everyone! It's been 11 days since my last post... and I must apologize for that, we were on vacay in Portland, Oregon until this past Wednesday. I had 2 more days off when we got back but I really needed to catch up on sleep and I was just trying to get used to the routine again. Went back to work for my first day yesterday, which thankfully went pretty smoothly...just getting used to the idea that retail madness is right around the corner...one of the many perks of working at the mall. *just kidding I absolutely hate working at the mall* Anyways, I do have some exciting news to share before I show y'all and LO I did before I left, JIMMY AND I ARE ENGAGED!!! Yep, he asked me while we were on vacay. So in addition to all this crafty stuff on this blog, I am thinking about starting a wedding-only blog or something. We'll see. Still in the very early planning stages for sure. Don't even really have a definite date pinned down but we are thinking sometime next fall probably. The heat down here in the South in Spring/Summer is simply unbearable and I won't be sweating on my wedding day anymore than I have to! So that's really exciting...I will 
share more details when I get my other blog up and running!

Okay, so before we left I was working on this LO for the sketch challenge over at the Basic Grey blog. Unfortunately, I was being a major slacker and didn't finish it in time for the challenge which is a total bummer, I really love their paper and the prize was any collection pack of your choice! UGH! Maybe next time! Any-who, the LO did turn out really cute and I ended up finishing it like 2 days later, the day I was supposed to be packing for our trip, I worked on it for a bit. I did get all the packing done, including Jimmy's at the very last minute though! Gah I swear I really didn't end up wearing all the stuff I brought though!! As always I over packed! Anyway, so this is how this LO turned out. This was the inspiration sketch;
I stayed pretty true to the sketch, not changing it up too much cause it was so cute to begin with! It was difficult to get all my photos to fit though because I cut them a little larger than the original called for. So I ended up moving them over a bit and also added one underneath the main page divider. Also my title is kind of put above that instead of near the bottom with the flower cluster. I like the colors of this page and the mixture of the different Basic Grey lines. Also I used lots of elements besides just paper flowers 
to add texture and dimension. 

Here are a few closies of the different types of embellishments I used.
 prima flowers, chipboard eggs covered in stickles.

 i love this pic! you can see the pretty 'out of print' paper behind the tulips that 
I made stems using baker's twine.

Thanks for stopping by today! More updates of crafty stuff very, very soon I promise! I will be working on 2 mini gift albums for 2 very special someones that I've got to finish in just a few weeks, can't wait to share that with y'all! Hope everyone has a very Happy Sunday.... I'm off to breakfast with the future MIL and Jimmy, then work! Until next time~VV

Supplies List:
Basic Grey paper- "Origins" collection 'pure'
Basic Grey paper- " Out of Print" collection 'giclee'
Basic Grey paper- " Lime Rickey" collection 'rob roy' and 'lemon drop'
blue cloud journaling block- Basic Grey Lime Rickey collection sticker
cardstock- pale yellow
Chippies- American Crafts 'Holiday House' Spring collection
Prima Flowers
white sticker letters- K&Company
pink & blue baker's twine
vintage buttons
pearl brads & flocked journaling block- My Minds' Eye turquoise Lush collection
Ranger Stickles- yellow and light green
Colorbox chalk ink- Chestnut Roan


No comments:

Post a Comment